Quote for the day!


Psalm 30:5 Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Windows

As you can see in the photos they are sanded down pretty good. I used 60 grit and it went so much faster. Then I'll come in and use 180 grit sandpaper to remove burs and splinters. After it is sanded down I will apply Americana lamp black paint to the whole frame. Front and Back. Then I will apply a clear mulsti purpose sealer to the glass so that the paint will adhere to the panes. I freehand my scene with either a regular pencil or a watercolor pencil. The water color pencil is the best because as you paint it disappears. Once I have finished my painting I seal it with an indoor outdoor matte varnish. Then I take and frost the back of the glass to make it look wintery or hazey. Like when your in a super warm house and its cold outside and you have the frost on the window. I will take pics as I go along so you can see this. If you have questions please comment me.

Have a great day fellow artists.

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Free Web Stats
Free Web Stats